Kristen Murray is a veteran trial lawyer who joined our firm after working as a public defender in King County for over eleven years.
She graduated from The University of Texas School of Law in 2002 and was awarded the prestigious E. Barrett Prettyman Fellowship through Georgetown University Law Center in Washington DC. During her fellowship, Kristen represented indigent clients facing criminal charges in adult and juvenile court. She also supervised third year law students in court as they represented indigent clients from arraignment to trial.
In 2005, Kristen moved to Seattle and joined the public defender’s office where she primarily defended clients facing felony charges. Kristen has defended clients facing all types of felony matters, including complex homicides, sex offenses, violent offenses, property crimes, domestic violence and drug offenses. She demonstrates great success obtaining beneficial resolutions for her clients including dismissal of cases prior to trial, and jury verdicts of not-guilty. Kristen has been lead counsel in over twenty felony trials and is an experienced trial litigator.
In addition to her trial experience, Kristen has litigated appellate matters and enjoys researching, writing, and crafting legal arguments. She has argued in front of the Washington Court of Appeals, Washington Supreme Court, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has also successfully briefed cases resulting in the reversal of clients’ convictions.
Kristen brings her extensive experience to Hart Jarvis Murray Chang PLLC, where she represents clients in criminal matters.
- Admitted to practice in Washington State and the District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court in the Western District of Washington and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the Washington Defender Association
- Member of the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member of the King County Bar Association
- 10 Best Attorneys 2017 and 2018, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney, Attorney and Practice Magazine