Brent graduated from the University of Washington School of Law in 2000. Since that time, he has focused exclusively on criminal defense. During his career, Brent has worked for the Federal Public Defender of Eastern Washington and Idaho, the Spokane County Public Defender, and The Defender Association. Brent left public defense in 2007 and has been in private practice since that time.
Brent has extensive experience in both State and Federal court. Brent has handled every kind of criminal case, including homicide, major drug conspiracies, sex offenses, third-strike offenses, and complex fraud. Brent also continues to represent client accused of misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor offenses such as assault, driving under the influence, theft, and harassment.
Brent believes that there is no substitute for working closely with clients so that they are fully informed about their case, defenses, and strategies. Brent is an experienced and successful litigator who has obtained favorable results for many clients in Superior, Federal, and Municipal Courts across the State of Washington. As a result of Brent’s good communication and hard work, Brent’s clients have consistently reviewed him positively. He has received Avvo’s Client Choice Badge every year since 2015. He currently has a 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo, which is the highest possible rating. In 2018, Brent was rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, a rating obtained by less than 8% of attorneys nationwide. Brent is a member of Washington Defender Association and the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and has presented at numerous Continuing Legal Education events for other attorneys. He is a member of the Criminal Justice Act Federal panel for the Western District of Washington.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Washington (since 2000)
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court in the Western District of Washington
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals
- Member of the Washington Defender Association (WDA)
- Member of the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL)
- Member of the King County Bar Association
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 (2019)
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- AV Preeminent® Rating Martindale-Hubbell®